Friday, December 30, 2011

merry happy

This Christmas season Parker and I have been SO blessed and have so many good changes come. To start things off, I finished my student teaching near the beginning of December and am officially a college graduate. No teaching job offers yet, but I have been able to do some subbing and will keep doing that while I search. I was able to go back and sub for the class I student taught in during the three days before Christmas break and it was so fun. I felt like I was playing teacher because all I had to do was show up and the plans and everything were made and the kids knew me and were excited to see me. It was great pretty great :) Not to mention I actually got paid for it too.
We moved out of our teeny one-bedroom apartment and into our new home. It felt like we had been waiting and anticipating it for forever so when it finally came we were pretty ecstatic. We were able to move in last Thursday which meant we got to spend Christmas in our new house. It was a pretty good present. Also, the day after we moved in we got our new washer and dryer so we can do laundry in our own house again. Another awesome gift to ourselves ;) Parker has been off work since last Thursday and doesn't go back until the 3rd so we have been having fun setting up, organizing, and getting things for our new house. It also worked out pretty nicely that we moved in around Christmas because we were able to go and get some of the things we (okay mostly me) wanted for the house with xmas mula.
this is just the pic you get if you google our address haha


We went over to Parker's parents' house on Christmas Eve and got to dress up and act out the nativity. Everyone, not just the kids haha. Here is little Mary and Joseph/Shepard.


We were the wise men

Kung-fu Joseph haha

Merry Christmas morning Parker
 On top of moving out and moving into our new home, we also got a new puppy. We had to put our little Gibbs down because he had a heart problem. It was seriously so sad. But, even though it was awful putting him down, we got a new puppy so I could have a puppy for Christmas. We got a girl this time, so we'll see how it goes :) She is a cutie though. We named her Oakley and she is a sheltie mix. I already took her to the vet and she is healthy so that was a huge relief. She (and we) has loved being able to play outside in a wonderful fenced in yard!
Merry Christmas to me!


I love playing with my little Oakley
Oh yeah and that's another thing- it's almost January and the last week we had a couple cold days but the weather has been in like the 50s and is going to be 60 tomorrow. So crazy, but hey I'm not complaining. I don't have any pics of the house yet, but I'm sure I will put some up soon. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment